We all know the typical question: “What are your New Year’s Resolutions?” It’s kind of a stereotype at this point, however I had some of my own I wanted to set in stone before the year got too ahead of me.
- Do Senut more often.
- Because of my surgery, I have been unable to do Senut, save for one time in the last week. It’s hard to purify, and it’s hard to stand and kneel when your heel is still healing. However, I’ve been called back and I need to get back into a routine, even if my life is very not routine.
- Work on Sau Training.
- Between working, surgery, and learning other things, I’ve kind of fallen back on my training to be a Sau Magician. This is important work, and I want very hard to get back into it. I started to work on it more last night, and I hope that I can continue to learn and grow. The calling to return is strong.
- More Reiki.
- While I was out for the count, I become Reiki certified and I have added it to my practice. I’ve become quite confident in doing it over a distance, and yet I’m still learning more and more. I picked up Crystal Reiki from the same teacher, and I’d love to incorporate crystals into my practice as well. I started to work with Sekhmet and Khonsu on this healing endeavor, and this is why I’ve listed it under Kemetic Resolutions.
- Attend Wep Ronpet Retreat.
- Okay, I’ve been saving up for this one. This is the year I step forward and attempt to become Shemsu-Ankh. I’ve been meeting House members, I’ve been active, and I’ve been doing things for the community. I don’t need to be a SA to do these things, but it’s the direction I feel drawn, and I feel that it’s a calling I must answer.
- Do more artwork.
- Because you can never have enough artwork around! This ties into Retreat a bit, as I’d love to create some prints of the Gods to auction off for donations. I pray for inspiration in order to bring about beautiful pictures to share with everyone.
This is going to be a busy year, but I’m excited to see how it progresses.